PROFESSIONAL CONVERSION PROGRAMME FOR SEA TRANSPORT
WHAT IT IS
The Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for Sea Transport Professionals is jointly developed by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG). It aims to equip mid-career Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) with the necessary competencies to take up roles in the area of Port Operations and Services, Shipping, and Maritime Services.
The PCP is administered by Singapore Polytechnic (SP), and will run as a Place-and-Train programme whereby participating companies will offer employment to eligible applicants, who will then undergo up to 6 months of training. The training comprises of a two (2) days “Shipping Industry Knowledge” course, two (2) modules on maritime or emerging skills, and a structured On-the-Job training (OJT) determined by the participating company.
WHO CAN APPLY
Applicants under the programme must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singapore citizens or Singapore permanent residents
- At least 21 years old
- Graduated or completed National Service for at least 2 years
- Must not be in a similar job role in the same industry prior to joining the PCP
- Have no bond obligation with any organisation
All participating companies must fulfil the following criteria:
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Must offer the new hire a PMET job and issue a valid permanent employment contract. Full-time contract employment must be at least 12 months
- Must offer the new hire a PMET job which is different from his previous employment
- Conversions can be within or across sectors
- Must be able to provide structured OJT training for the candidate
FIND OUT MORE
- Professional Conversion Programme - Professional Conversion Programme for Sea Transport
- Professional Conversion Programme - Singapore Polytechnic
- Professional Conversion Programme - Brochure
- Professional Conversion Programme - Factsheet
For more information about the PCP for Sea Transport, please email PCP_SeaTransport@sp.edu.sg.