TRIPARTITE NAUTICAL TRAINING AWARD (TNTA)
WHAT IT IS
TNTA, a place‐n‐train programme, was introduced to enable Singaporeans and Singapore PRs to join the Maritime industry as CoC (Class 3) Deck Officers. The job scope of a deck officer includes navigation and cargo watch-keeping as well as the maintenance of ship structure.
Successful applicants will undergo 31-months of intensive training. The 3 training phases are as follows:
Phase 1: Pre‐sea induction (classroom training) – 6 months
Phase 2: OJT onboard ship (Sea service) – 18 months
Phase 3: Examination preparatory course – 7 months
BENEFITS OF TNTA
- Training allowances of up to $1,400 per month
- Subsidised course fees. Total course fees $28,125: 90% of course fee (exclusive of GST) will be funded while the trainee pays 10% and the GST payable
- Salary of up to $4,000 after the training
WHO CAN APPLY
- Singaporeans and Singapore PRs
- At least a GCE ‘N’ level pass in English OR Workplace Literacy Level 5 (WPL 5)
- At least a GCE ‘N’ level pass in Mathematics and Science (preferably Physics)
- Physically and medically fit
- No night and colour blindness
- Able to commit 31 months of training, with 6 to 9 months onboard vessels
- Highly disciplined and motivated
- Completed National Service (For males only)
WHEN TO APPLY
There are two application periods in a year
- August to September
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to find out more and register your interest all year round.
FIND OUT MORE
- Tripartite Maritime Training Award - Who are we?
- Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) – About e2i
- Mothership.sg – School’s out for this 17 year old girl training to be a seafarer officer
- Workforce Singapore - Making inroads into a successful maritime career through nautical training programmes!
- SMOUnews - TNTA Cohort 10 Graduation video