MPA GLOBAL INTERNSHIP AWARDS (GIA)
WHAT IT IS
Open to Singaporean or Singapore PR students from National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Singapore Management University (SMU), MPA GIA is a fully sponsored internship programme that gives students opportunities to intern with international maritime companies. Student will undergo a 10-week maritime internship during the May – July vacation in Semester 2, including an overseas stint of up to 4 weeks.
- Internship allowance of $3,000
- Travel insurance, accommodation costs and return economy-class airfare included
- Participants can look forward to interning at established maritime companies in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, China, Denmark, Germany, Japan, Norway, UAE and the United Kingdom
- Invitation to maritime learning journeys and the award ceremony
- Exclusive invitation to maritime events post internship
WHO CAN APPLY
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Currently in the penultimate year of study
- Possess good academic record (top students of the cohort)
- Reading any of these disciplines: Maritime Studies, Economics, Business, Accountancy, Law, Engineering, Computing
- Interest in Maritime Industry
- Independent, resourceful with keen interest to learning
WHEN TO APPLY
Application typically commences at the end of the year, from November to December.
HOW TO APPLY
Students can apply for the MPA Global Internship Award here.
Documents to prepare for online application include resume, latest university transcript/degree audit and a 100-word write up on why you want to apply for the MPA Global Internship Award.
For more information, email email@example.com.
FIND OUT MORE
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) – About MPA
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) – MPA Global Internship Award
- MPA News Releases - Record 34 undergraduates receive the MPA Global Internship Award 2016
OTHER RELATED LINKS
Maritime Cluster Funds
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) with specialisation in Offshore Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) with Specialisation in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with Specialisation in Offshore Oil & Gas Technology
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Electrical Power Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Marine Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Naval Architecture
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Offshore Engineering
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Maritime Studies
Maritime Economics Track