MPA GLOBAL INTERNSHIP AWARD (GIA)
WHAT IT IS
The fully sponsored MPA GIA programme was introduced by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore to provide high-achieving students with a meaningful and enriching maritime experience in Singapore and abroad.
Besides deepening students’ understanding of the maritime industry, this programme also enhances your future employability and career opportunities within the maritime industry.
The host companies participating in the MPA GIA programme are some of the most reputable brand names in the maritime industry. Participating students will be exposed to a diverse range of possible careers in maritime companies and train alongside seasoned practitioners who would guide and mentor them throughout the MPA GIA programme.
- Total allowance of S$3,600 over 12 weeks, and an overseas allowance
- Cost of Return Economy-class airfare
- Travel insurance and other travel-related expenses
WHO CAN APPLY
- A Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Studying at NTU, NUS, SMU or SUTD, at the point of application
- Students from various disciplines of study are welcome to apply
- Key traits the host companies are looking for includes: an interest in the maritime industry, good academic record, independent, resourceful with a keen interest to learn
Duration of Programme
Students will undergo the 12-week programme during the May – August vacation, inclusive of an overseas stint of up to 6 weeks.
WHEN TO APPLY
Application typically commences at the end of the year, from October to December.
HOW TO APPLY
Students can apply for the MPA Global Internship Award here.
Please prepare the following documents and combine them into 1 single attachment to be submitted with your online application:
- Latest University transcript or Degree Audit
- CCA Records
- Award Certificates You will also be required to provide a 100-word personal statement on why you wish to apply for the MPA GIA during the online application.
For more information, email IMD@mpa.gov.sg.
FIND OUT MORE
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) – About MPA
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) – MPA Global Internship Award
- MPA News Releases - Speech by Ms Quah Ley Hoon, Chief Executive, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore at the SMOU Bursary & Scholarship Awards Presentation, National Museum of Singapore Gallery Theatre on 28 September 2019
OTHER RELATED LINKS
Maritime Cluster Funds
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) with specialisation in Offshore Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) with Specialisation in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) with Specialisation in Offshore Oil & Gas Technology
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Electrical Power Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Marine Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Naval Architecture
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Offshore Engineering
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Maritime Studies
Maritime Economics Track