INTERNSHIP ALLOWANCE TOP-UP
WHAT IT IS
To encourage students to experience working in a maritime environment and enhance students’ awareness of employment opportunities in Singapore’s maritime industry, the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) offers Industrial Attachment (IA) to undergraduates in both maritime-related courses and other disciplines. Under the IA, students on a maritime-related internship receive additional internship allowance, on top of the allowance they receive from employers.
Students will get up to an additional S$400 per month over and above any allowance from the businesses they are attached to. This amount is given as a lump sum at the end of the internship/attachment. Funds are dispersed from the MPA’s Maritime Cluster Fund.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Intern must be Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- IA must be in a maritime-related business entity approved by the appropriate publicly-funded University, Polytechnic Authority or Institute of Technical Education (e.g. a body within the University/Polytechnic/ITE or the faculty of study in charge of internship/attachment)
- IA must be well-structured and enable interns to gain knowledge and experience in maritime businesses. It may be conducted in Singapore, overseas office or onboard ships.
WHEN TO APPLY
Applications are open year-round.
HOW TO APPLY
Students should apply for the IA through their relevant university body in charge of internships and attachments.
FIND OUT MORE
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) – About MPA
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) – Talent@Maritime Singapore
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) News Releases - More than 5,000 Singaporeans to Benefit from New Maritime Manpower Schemes