WHAT IT IS
This scheme aims to encourage candidates to continue sailing and progress in their seafaring careers. The achievement award is a jointly funded monetary award given to trainees (including DNS and DMR cadets and cadets from the Wavelink Maritime Institute) who obtain their first CoCs. Singaporean seafaring officers who upgrade themselves to higher CoCs will also be eligible for higher achievement awards.
The tripartite partners comprising of MPA, Employment & Employability Institute (e2i), Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU) and Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS) will fund these Achievement Awards jointly with the employers. Employers will only need to bear 40% of the Achievement Awards that is given to the trainee or employee engaged with them.
- Achievement awards of up to $2,000 will be offered to cadets who complete their shipboard training and pass the examinations to become qualified junior deck and engineering officers holding CoC 3 and CoC 5 respectively.
- There will also be further achievement awards of up to $3,000 to Singaporean seafaring officers who attain higher classes of CoCs, namely CoC Class 2 and 1.
WHO CAN APPLY
Candidates who are enrolled in foreign-going CoC courses commencing on or after 1 Oct 2015 are welcome to apply. Candidates who have commenced phase 3 of the CoC 3 or 5 courses on or after 1 Apr 2015 are also eligible for this award.
WHEN TO APPLY
Employers must submit an application for their candidates at least 30 days before the commencement of their course.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the form here.
FIND OUT MORE
- Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) – About e2i
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore – About MPA
- Singapore Maritime Officers’ Union (SMOU) – About SMOU
- Singapore Organisation of Seamen (SOS) – About SOS
- Singapore Polytechnic – CoC Courses Offered by Singapore Maritime Academy, Singapore Polytechnic
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore – Another $65 million for Manpower Development Fund to Boost the Maritime Sector