MARITIME BUSINESS OPERATIONS TRACK
WHAT IT IS
The Maritime Business Operations Track (MBOT) is a maritime-focused cluster of courses within the Operations major, designed to give students a distinctive preparation for maritime-related roles in industry and government organisations such as the MPA. Building on the foundations established in the major, the MBOT develops essential knowledge and contextualised skills relevant for analysis of issues in the maritime sector. An important distinguishing feature of the MBOT is that academic courses are complemented in a variety of ways that make the Track a fully comprehensive preparation for careers in the maritime sector.
MBOT students will have access to industry scholarships and experiential learning opportunities including industry study missions, site visits, local and overseas internships, and non-credit courses presented by industry professionals.
Maritime-related topics offered to students include the following:
- Logistics and Transportation Management
- Port-Focal Logistics and Maritime Operations
- Shipping Business
- Law of International Trade
- Service Processes
- Supply Chain Management
SMU students can apply for the International Trading Track or Maritime Business Operations Track at any point in time. They will be required to submit an application form to ITI@SMU.
- SMU students taking a first degree in the School of Business
- All students from the other five Schools in SMU taking a second major in Operations
- These students will take it as a second major in Operations with a Track in Maritime Business Operations.
Graduates can pursue a career in the following job roles:
- Commercial side of businesses in shipping companies, shipyards, rig builders, port operators and maritime logistics companies
FIND OUT MORE
- Singapore Management University – SMU Announces a New Maritime Programme