HIGHER NITEC IN OFFSHORE & MARINE ENGINEERING DESIGN
WHAT IT IS
This two-year course available at ITE College Central will teach students to design and prepare working drawings for
- Offshore and marine accommodations
- Offshore and marine life saving and fire fighting appliances
- Offshore and marine structures
- Offshore and marine piping systems -- including piping for fuel oil, lubrication, engine exhaust, hydraulics, pneumatics and water supply
- Offshore and marine electrical system and controls
- Offshore and marine heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems
|English Language||1 - 8|
|Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)||1 - 7|
|Other approved subject:
Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry, Biology) / Science (Physics, Biology) / Science (Physics, Chemistry) / Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)
|1 - 8|
Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design graduates are employed by shipyards and other supporting companies which design and provide services on the repair, fabrication and refurbishment of all types of vessels and offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry.
Some of the job titles held by graduates include Offshore & Marine Engineering CADD Specialist, Offshore & Marine Engineering Assistant Designer and Offshore & Marine Structure Draughtsman.
Higher Nitec in Offshore & Marine Engineering Design graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.