Training Courses for Professional Qualifying Examinations
WHAT IT IS
As a truly international provider of professional maritime training, the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers offers an unrivalled programme of education and qualification.
The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers offers one-day introductory courses through to professional qualifying examinations leading to membership and chartered status.
- Local shipping industry practitioners provide students with an intensive, interactive and highly motivating experience.
- Networking opportunities
- Real-time problem solving
- Practical work experiences shared by industry experts
- Mock exam/review of past exam papers
- 5 Lectures Sessions + 1 Prep class session (Total 15.5 hours)
- Tanker Chartering
- Legal Principles in Shipping Business
- Economics of Sea Transport & International Trade
- Shipping Finance
- Introduction to Shipping
- Dry Cargo Chartering
- Marine Insurance
- Ship Operations & Management
- Port Agency
Junior to mid-level workers in the maritime industry
WHEN TO APPLY
Applications for training courses from March - May session are now opened.
- From 13 March to 30 April (weekday class), from 6.30pm to 9pm
*If your interested courses are not found in the schedule, please submit application form via: www.ics.org.sg/ct-may-2019 before 13 March
HOW TO APPLY
Sign up via www.ics.org.sg/ct-may-2019
- $900/subject (including Institute’s course book and workbook)
Subsidy Available: *MCF Training Grant is available for eligible participants. Please refer to www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information.
FIND OUT MORE
About ICS: As a major provider of education and training, the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) sets and examines the syllabus for membership, providing the shipping industry with highly qualified professionals. ICS is the only internationally recognized professional body in the maritime arena and it represents shipbrokers, ship managers, agents, insurance, lawyers, logistics and other shipping professionals throughout the world. Our mission is to promote maritime education in the hope of grooming more young talents to join, work and stay in the shipping industry. ICS Membership of the Institute is internationally recognized as a mark of professionalism in the shipping business worldwide.
Find out more on their website.