WORK-STUDY DIPLOMA IN MARITIME BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
WHAT IT IS
The Work-Study Diploma (WSDip) (previously known as Work-Learn Technical Diploma) Programme is a formal apprenticeship-based training arrangement delivered in partnership with employers targeted at ITE graduates with Nitec or Higher Nitec qualifications.
This WSDip in Maritime Business Management prepares you for a professional career in the Sea Transport sector. You will be equipped with skills and knowledge to coordinate efficient vessel, port and cargo operations and oversee formalities and declarations for smooth entry and departure of vessels.
The sponsoring company will train and instruct the trainee by assigning a qualified trainer who would supervise and monitor the trainee's progress throughout the programme.
The role of the trainee is to work and study, and complete the course within the given duration while remaining employed by the sponsoring company.
The WSDip programme gives the applicant several advantages:
- Learning by Doing through guidance from qualified and experienced trainers
- Deepened skillsets through On-the-Job Training
- Career advancement and wage progression depending on performance during the course of training
- Enjoy employee benefits given by the company Nationally recognised Technical Diploma conferred by ITE
The training received by a trainee comprises off-the-job training and on-the-job training.
- Off-the-Job Training - Trainees attend theory and practical lessons in one of ITE colleges to receive technical knowledge.
- On-the-Job Training - Trainees apply the knowledge learnt in the off-the-job component on their daily job tasks and deepen their skills under the guidance of a qualified supervisor in a company under a real working environment.
Click here to apply online.
You may apply for this course if you are :
1) A fresh ITE graduate or an in-employment ITE graduate who is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident, and have:
- A relevant Nitec course with a Grade Point Average (GPA) score of at least 2.0
- A relevant Higher Nitec course
The relevant Nitec / Higher Nitec courses for this Diploma are:
- All Nitec courses from the School of Business & Services
- All Higher Nitec courses from the School of Business & Services, Electronics Engineering, Marine Engineering, Marine & Offshore Technology, Offshore and Marine Engineering Design
Note: Male graduates must have completed / be exempted from full-time National Service.
2) If you are a non-ITE graduate, we will consider your application if you have an equivalent Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 qualification and above, relevant work experience and strong employer endorsement
DURATION AND VENUE
This course will be held at ITE College Central for a duration of 2.5 years. ITE will assist in matching students for On-the-Job Training with sponsoring companies.
Graduates from this programme can seek job opportunities as Shipping Officers/Executives or Operations Officers/Executives.