DIPLOMA IN MARITIME AND OFFSHORE MANAGEMENT
WHAT IT IS
This one-year programme offered by Singapore Polytechnic seeks to enable students who do not possess maritime qualification to take up a career in the maritime and offshore industry by equipping them with a greater level of understanding in shipping, logistics and offshore operations and management.
The course is divided into two semesters:
In Semester 1, students will take 3 modules related to maritime economics and shipbroking, maritime law and insurance as well as cargo management and ship surveying. Completion of this semester will lead to the award of a Modular Certificate (MC), MC 1 in Maritime Business.
In Semester 2, students will take 3 other modules related to ship and financial management, maritime and offshore operations, as well as supply chain management. Students will receive their MC 2 Certificate in Maritime and Offshore upon completion of these modules.
Upon acquiring both certificates, the participant will be conferred a Diploma in Maritime and Offshore Management qualification from the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA).
The MPA Maritime Cluster Fund training grant is available for eligible students. For more information, click here.
Applicants with any of the following qualifications are invited to apply:
- The following GCE 'O' Level grades and with at least 3 years of working experience
|English Language||1 - 7|
|Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)||1 - 6|
|Any other subject (excluding CCA)||1 - 6|
- Nitec with GPA ≥ 2.5 in any discipline and with at least 2 years of working experience
- Higher Nitec in any discipline with at least 1 year of working experience
- Nitec in Technology/Services in any discipline with GPA ≥ 2.5 with at least 2 years of working experience and successful completed bridging programme conducted by ITE
- Higher Nitec in Technology/Services in any discipline with at least 1 year of working experience and successful completed bridging programme conducted by ITE
- WSQ Diploma in any discipline and WPLN at Level ≥ 6 for English and Mathematics with at least 5 years of work experience
- Recognised Class 3 Deck or Class 5 Engine Certificate of Competency with at least 2 years of working experience
Applicants who have the qualifications stated above but do not meet the minimum entry requirements may at the discretion of the polytechnic be invited to sit for entrance tests
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR
- Professionals who are currently working in non-maritime fields and would like to switch to a career in the maritime and offshore industry.
- Shipping, logistics and offshore executives currently working in the maritime industry but do not possess maritime qualifications or relevant sea-going experience.
- Nautical/engineering sea going junior officers who may be keen to supplement their technical and/or navigational skills with commercial and shore based operational knowledge so as to prepare for a shore-based career in the local maritime industry.
FIND OUT MORE
Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore – List of Courses Approved under Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF) Training Grant for Certifiable Courses