DIPLOMA (CONVERSION) IN MARINE & OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY
WHAT IT IS
This course offered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic will prepare students for prospective employment in the robust marine and offshore industry in Singapore, which includes ship repair, shipbuilding, rig-building, offshore engineering, and other marine supporting services.
Students can look forward to learning more about the basic fundamentals of marine engineering and naval architecture, which includes understanding the structural components of various vessels, as well as the fundamentals of offshore oil and gas technology and offshore engineering.
The course is designed for working adults who are either practitioners or seeking a career switch to join the marine and offshore industry. It will take 1 year to complete on a part-time basis.
Upon completion of the following two Post-Diploma Certificates (PDCs) within a two-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Post Diploma qualification from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
- Post-Diploma Certificate in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (Semester 1)
- Post-Diploma Certificate in Offshore Technology (Semester 2)
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR
- Working professionals or individuals who wish to learn and broaden their employment prospects in the marine and offshore industry
- Candidates granted conditional admission to the SIT-Newcastle University degree programmes in Marine Technology who are looking for an alternative to the mandatory bridging programme
- A diploma or degree in non-engineering / non-technology disciplines AND a credit or minimum grade of C6 in GCE "O" level Physics or Physical Science OR
- A diploma or degree in any engineering discipline
Graduates can seek job opportunities in ship repair, shipbuilding, rig-building and offshore engineering and other marine supporting services. The course can be completed within a year on a part-time basis.
Together with Newcastle University, the Singapore Institute of Technology offers graduates the chance to pursue prestigious degrees in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or Offshore Engineering. More details on the degree options and advanced standing at the universities can be found here - locally and overseas.
FIND OUT MORE
Ngee Ann Polytechnic - Diploma (Conversion) In Marine & Offshore Technology