Tripartite Engineering Training Award (TETA)
WHAT IT IS
The Tripartite Engineering Training Award is a place‐n‐train programme introduced to enable Singaporeans and Singapore PRs to join the Maritime industry as CoC (Class 5) Marine Engineers. The job scope of a marine engineer includes engine room watch keeping as well as machinery maintenance and repair.
Successful applicants will undergo 31-months of intensive training and the 3 training phases are as follows:
Phase 1: Pre-sea Classroom Training - 8 months
Phase 2: OJT onboard ship (Sea Service) - 15 months
Phase 3: Classroom Preparatory Course - 8 months
BENEFITS OF TETA
- Training allowances of up to $1,400 per month
- Course fees $32,970: 90% of course fee (exclusive of GST) will be funded while trainee pays 10% and GST payable
- Secured placements in shipping companies prior to training
- Salary up to $5,800 after the training
WHO CAN APPLY
- Singaporeans and Singapore PRs
- Graduated from local institution or ITE Higher Nitec, preferably with the following disciplines: Marine Engineering, Offshore & Marine Engineering Design, Marine & Offshore Technology
- Physically and medically fit
- No night and colour blindness
- Highly disciplined and motivated
- Able to commit 31 months of training, with 6 to 9 months onboard vessels
- Completed National Service (For males only)
WHEN TO APPLY
The application period is from May to June.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to find out more and register your interest all year round.
Mohd Reza Suhaidi TETA Recipient
Aspiring engineer Mohd Reza Suhaidi shares about how the Tripartite Engineering Training Award helps him prepare for a career in the maritime industry.
"A key feature of TETA is that its cadets are required to be given training berths and employment opportunities by shipping firms before the programme commences. This is something that Reza, who is employed by shipping firm AP Moller-Maersk, especially appreciates."
Find out more here.
*Source: Singapore Nautilus © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Permission required for reproduction
FIND OUT MORE
Training Programmes for a Seafaring Career – Tripartite Maritime Training Award