WHAT IT IS
As a Monjasa Oil & Shipping Trainee (MOST), you become part of a global two-year programme that offers exposure to key areas of our business and valuable insights into how we fuel global trade. You will be able to apply your learning and contribute to the performance of the team right away as Trader or Operator within Monjasa’s core business.
You will be part of global rotations (2x3 months) across our Monjasa offices such as Singapore, Dubai, Denmark, Cyprus or Panama, which will give you a unique understanding of different business contexts and cultures. Your knowledge of our business areas will gradually develop, and your challenges and complexity of tasks will similarly grow day by day. You will gain further shipping knowledge through the Commercial Shipping Programme with the Danish Shipping Academy in Denmark and Monjasa Academy will take you through plenty of internal training as well.
In every office, you can expect a supportive environment that oozes of family spirit, a multi-cultural vibe and a great atmosphere. This will give you a feeling of being home away from home when you are on your rotations. We also enjoy spending time together outside working hours, e.g. sports activities, gaming, watching a movie or wishing each other ‘Happy Friday’ at the bar.
The adventure is kicked off in Denmark in August 2020 with a mix of school, teambuilding activities and internal education. You will also be part of our extensive onboarding programme, where you will be introduced to all aspects of our business and meet many of your new colleagues.
As respectively Trader or Operator, your main focus areas are:
Areas of focus as Trader
- Support our Trading department in all aspects of the Trader role
- Research on potential customers and markets
- Monitor oil prices and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Build up your own customer portfolio
Areas of focus as Operator
- Support our Shipping department in all aspects of the Operator role
- Coordinate and maintain the overview of bunker deliveries
- Daily contact with the crew, suppliers and agents
- Maintain and optimise the operation, movement and costs of our vessels
For more programme details, you can refer to this link.
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree. Alternative background could be a college education (HHX in Denmark) or similar with extracurricular experiences from travel, military, work, living abroad or similar
- Excellent written/oral English skills, a third language can be an advantage
- IT proficient – experienced in MS-office
Your personal qualifications and your attitude towards performance in a corporate context are just as important. You consider yourself to be forthcoming, curious and persevering, and you reflect yourself in our core values of Respect, Ambition, Curiosity and Smile & Joy.
WHEN TO APPLY
The application period typically opens from December to January.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may apply for the position on Monjasa's career portal.
After the application deadline, selected candidates will be invited for a recruitment event at Monjasa's office. Candidates who perform best at this event will be invited for a subsequent interview
FIND OUT MORE
You are encouraged to read much more about the company, the job application process and some good and valuable advice on how to best position yourself for the programme at: https://monjasa.com/careers/monjasa-oil-shipping-trainee
OTHER RELATED LINKS
About Monjasa - Monjasa