Hapag-Lloyd is offering an exciting opportunity for those interested in the global liner shipping industry through our Overseas Management Associate Programme.
Our Overseas Management Associate Programme is a 3 year programme based in China with job rotations across key business functions to broaden your exposure and develop your functional expertise and leadership abilities.
This career opportunity provides you with a plethora of opportunities for personal growth and professional development. As our new colleague, you will be part of a leading container shipping company where our corporate culture is performance-oriented, international and agile. You will also have the chance to undertake business trips to regional offices and partake in networking sessions with Hapag-Lloyd's management team to learn more about their vision, plans and experiences.
Successful candidates will be placed on an accelerated career path and can look forward to challenging and substantial responsibilities across functions.
- Commence on a full time role with a structured career path
- On the job learning and ongoing training to maximize your potential
- Job rotations across different key business functions to expose you to a wide spectrum of functional knowledge
- Involvement in the company’s strategic projects offering high-level, practical work experience
- Day to day oversight on the area/regional operations and responsibilities
- Leadership and professional skill development opportunities
- Assist in cultural change initiatives in the respective area offices
- Business trips to area/regional offices where required
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honors or Equivalent
- Keen interest in the maritime/shipping industry
- Proven leadership skills (via testimonials) with a track record of co-curricular achievements (In school, national service, internships)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese to liaise with our China counterparts - Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment, manage high levels of stress and be an effective problem solver
- Ambitious, energetic, highly driven and curious
WHEN TO APPLY
- Submit Application - Email your resume to KanglongJonathan.Lee@hlag.com
- Online Assessment - Complete a cognitive and behavioral assessment
- Panel Interview - This allows the Regional Function Heads to get to know you and assess your suitability to be enrolled in the programme
- Face-to-face Assignment - Solve a real-world business case issue that will be assigned to you
For more information, please refer to the programme details here.
FIND OUT MORE
With a fleet of 239 modern container ships and a total transport capacity of 1.7 million TEU, Hapag-Lloyd is one of the world’s leading liner shipping companies. The company has around 13,000 employees and 392 offices in 129 countries. Hapag-Lloyd has a container capacity of approximately 2.5 million TEU – including one of the largest and most modern fleets of reefer containers. A total of 121 liner services worldwide ensure fast and reliable connections between more than 600 ports on all the continents. Hapag-Lloyd is one of the leading operators in the Transatlantic, Middle East, Latin America and Intra-America trades.
Visit Hapag Lloyd's website to find out more.