POST FIXTURE EXECUTIVE
WHAT IT IS
A post fixture officer follows up on the terms of a contract after a deal has been confirmed between ship owners and charterers. The job roles include:
- Ensuring that fixtures are concluded according to proper interpretation of charter party clauses and shipping terms/practices
- Handling dispute and demurrage claims
- Issuing hire/freight invoices to charterers
- Following up to ensure timely payment of receivables
- Overseeing the processing of brokering commissions to brokers
Post fixture executives earn a monthly salary of about $3,000 to $5,900 per month.
*Salary data based on industry surveys conducted by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) for reference only. Actual salaries may differ due to market conditions and company/organisation policies.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- A degree or diploma in any discipline
- Analytical and numerical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Vivien Huang Post Fixture Executive at IMC Industrial Group
Ms Vivien Huang highlights the importance of lifelong learning as a Post Fixture Executive at IMC Industrial Group.
One of her proudest moments was being able to claim back all outstanding money owned by charterers/owners. "The role is challenging," says Vivien. "In order to succeed, you need to be able and willing to adapt to changes."
Read more about her maritime journey here.