PORT EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
WHAT IT IS
Port Equipment Engineers are responsible for developing and overseeing maintenance regimes for port equipment. They are the first point of contact for complex repairs and ensure that maintenance works are carried out swiftly and in accordance with regulatory requirements to minimise disruptions to port operations. This is all done while monitoring the team's performance and their key performance indicators.
Some of their other job scopes include:
- Constant revision of the relevance and functionality of port equipment to meet changing business demands
- Application of engineering technology to improve operational productivity, and safety and environment-related standards
Entry level engineers earn upwards of $2,100 for diploma holders and $3,000 for degree holders.
*Salary data based on industry surveys conducted by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) for reference only. Actual salaries may differ due to market conditions and company/organisation policies.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
- Diploma or degree in any Engineering related field (for planning track)
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong decision-making and problem solving abilities
- Willingness to work irregular hours and at various heights
Ho Wen Yao Port Equipment Engineer at PSA Singapore
Mr Ho Wen Yao shares about the joy of seeing one's work come to life as a Port Equipment Engineer.
"I get great satisfaction from seeing the workflows and processes that my team has designed on paper being executed in real life, with systems, equipment, technology and users working alongside seamlessly, productively and happily," shares Wen Yao.
Read more about his maritime journey here.